We at The North Face love the outdoors. It’s in our DNA and defines us as company. Our desire to share this passion is the catalyst behind The North Face® Explore Fund™. By giving back through the fund’s annual grants we seek to inspire and enable the next generation of outdoor explorers and conservationists.
The Explore Fund provides opportunities to discover the outdoors in powerful ways, ranging from outing programs that offer adventures for youth of diverse backgrounds, to using outdoor activities in overcoming health challenges, to developing confidence, self-esteem and teamwork through outdoor journeys and by learning new outdoor activities.
The Explore Fund provides grants to organizations that connect people to the outdoors and support outdoor exploration, with youth as a primary focus. Since its founding in 2010, the fund has:
- Invested more than $1 million in local communities.
- Supported more than 300 grassroots organizations.
- Served more than 100,000 young people.
To continue to welcome and engage more people in the outdoors, the Explore Fund is focusing its support on programs that:
- Provide participants experiences that nurture an enduring appreciation of the outdoors.
- Use outdoor exploration as the catalyst for positive personal or societal change, such as increasing personal resilience, improving opportunities for life success and future engagement in conservation activities.
- Encourage participants to try new outdoor activities that are core to The North Face and our passion for outdoor exploration and adventure, including camping, hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing, snowboarding, yoga, running and mountain biking.