WE DO NOT FUND
- Organizations without 501 c3 status or a comparable fiscal sponsor
- General education efforts that do not include an experiential component involving getting youth outdoors
- Endowment funds
- Political campaigns
- Green building projects
- Land acquisition, land trusts or conservation easements
- Scholarships, stipends or salaries (**Please note- for applicants requesting more than $5000, you may request up to 20% of your grant to go towards staffing)
- Trail or structure building/maintenance
- Established programs with large budgets
- Programs not outdoor recreation focused
The Explore Fund supports organizations that encourage youth outdoor participation, help create a connection to nature that will help empower the future leaders of tomorrow and inspire exploration of natural places. In 2014, the Explore Fund will award $250,000 to 25 organizations.
15 of those organizations will receive $5,000 and the remaining 10 grants will be awarded based on online voting taking place this summer. The following criteria should also be noted during the grant application process:
- Proposals should include a specific communications plan that demonstrates how the organization will maintain visibility and share information throughout the duration of the program.
- Matching dollars are viewed favorably.
- Organizations are allowed to apply for more than one grant as long as the funds are used for unique programs.
Do you qualify?
To find out if your work fits within our guidelines, take the eligibility quiz below. If you qualify, you may proceed to the grant application form. Thanks for your interest in The North Face Explore Fund.